- Children Under the Age of 13. Our Services are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children under the age of 13. In order to register with SURCH to participate in Games or Contests, you must be at least 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. Please contact us at [insert contact email] if you suspect that we have collected information from children under the age of 13.
- Ways that We Collect Information. When you use the Services, we collect information through a number of different ways. Generally, we collect this collect information from you or your mobile device while you are using the Services. Specifically, we may collect, process and/or retain the following types of information:
- When you register to create an account with us, we collect certain information that can used to identify you;
- Information that we collect via cookies and other similar technologies;
- If you participate in a Contest, we may ask you for your email address and/or home address to notify you of whether or not you won;
- If you win a Contest, we will ask you for your name, address and social security number so that we can prepare and send to you a 1099-MISC, which is the form on which prize winnings to non-employees are reported to the Internal Revenue Service;
- When you purchase VUEs or clues from us, we collect the information necessary to complete your purchase thru the App Store and GooglePlay;
- When you use the Mobile App on your mobile device, the Mobile App will access your camera and we will collect certain geolocation information applicable to the Content that you upload to the SURCH server; and
- If you contact us or respond to communications that we send to you, we will collect your name and email address as well as the content of the message.
- Types of Information Collected. We collect the following types of data:
- Personal information about users When you register for an account (“Account”), we will collect certain information that can be used to identify or contact an individual. You do not have to provide any personal information to merely read the content of our Site. Use of the Services for the purpose of using the Mobile App to participate in our Games or Contests, however, does require submission of the following types of personal information to create an Account and to participate in Games and Contests:
- Date of Birth
In addition to the above information, if you are the winner of a Contest with a prize equal to or greater than $600.00, we will collect other personal information in order to prepare and send to you a 1099-MISC form. This form reports your prize winnings as income with the Internal Revenue Service. Such other information includes:
- Home Address
- Social Security Number
- Non-personal information automatically collected regarding device and location. When you download, use, and access the Mobile App, we collect the following non-personal information:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Mobile App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Mobile App, including the resources that you access and use on or through the Mobile App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, and mobile network information.
- Location Information. The Mobile App collects real-time information about the location of your device. Information collected includes specific latitude and longitude coordinates associated with any Content that you upload to our server. We use that geolocation information to confirm your proper completion of a stage of
- Stored Information and Files. The Mobile App may also access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your mobile device. When you upload Content to the SURCH server, we will capture and retain certain geolocation information associated with the Content in order to verify that your Content submission complies with the requirements of the VUE.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the Mobile App or delete it from your device. Please note, that use of the Mobile App is required for participation in SURCH Games and Contests, and your failure to download the Mobile App or deletion of the Mobile App will prevent your participation in Games and Contests.
We may also use web beacons, clear gif technology, action tags or other technologies to collect aggregate Site visitation data by tracking how users navigate to and through the Site. We may also use this technology to track the delivery of HTML email messages. Web beacons cannot be declined when delivered using a regular web page, but they can be refused when delivered by email. If you do not wish to receive web beacons by email, you will need to disable HTML images or select text only for emails received with your email software.
We may also track activity on our Site using log files stored on our servers, and collect information, including IP addresses, browser types and versions, geographic information, pages viewed and devices used to interact with the Site. We may use this information to personalize your experience and to administer our Site.
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites with which the browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We do not currently take action in response to these signals. We may revise this policy if and when a standard for responding to these signals is established.
We may monitor email correspondence and telephone calls to track reported problems and to ensure quality assurance. Similarly, we monitor web traffic in the aggregate for the purposes of evaluating marketing campaigns and content improvement.
We may use a web analytics service, such as Google Analytics, to record and analyze your activity during use of the Services. The Services may track your browsing across web sites that use the same service and may collect demographic data, including the type of computer or operating system, location of user (e.g., city, state, country).
We will divulge personal information to courts, law enforcement and other governmental agencies and third parties when required to do so or when we in good faith believe it is necessary in order to comply with legal obligations
We may also disclose and/or transfer your personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of SURCH’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceedings, in which information is among the assets transferred.
- Other Applications Accessed by the Mobile App. The Mobile App will access the camera on your mobile device. If you do not permit the Mobile App to access your camera, you will not be able to use the Mobile App.
- Credit Card Information; Payment Processors. SURCH does not receive or collect your credit card information as all purchases on the Mobile App are processed by third-party payment processing partners, who have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. You should review their policies to ensure that you agree with their policies prior to making any purchase on the Mobile App or any payment thru such payment processing partners. All purchases of virtual goods will be processed as soon as possible upon successful completion of your payment transaction by our payment processing partners.
- Security of Information Collected. The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ various security measures to protect against the loss of information that the Services collect. However, you should keep in mind that Services are run on software, hardware and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, require maintenance or experience problems or breaches of security. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% percent secure and we cannot guarantee absolute security. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and are responsible for any unauthorized use.
63 E Main St.
Westminster, MD 21157